These are just my predictions for the Bobcats starters. This is based off the handful of games that I watched and some stats from each of the guys. Considering that they are my predictions you can probably go on to assume that they are all wrong and Mike Dunlap will do everything the opposite of me.
- Kemba Walker - I got Kemba starting at the point guard more based off of who I have at the other positions and the way he plays the game. Kemba is not a distributing point guard by any means. He will get his four to five assists but he is a scoring guard. I also remember upon Dunlap being hired him stating that he wanted Walker to be his point guard and that he liked his game.
- Gerald Henderson - Hendo is starting by default. Ben Gordon is the bench spark plug and that is where we will need him the most. Henderson is not a bad option (for this team) and can score/ create his own shot. That is the other reason he starts with Walker, who won't be setting him up, which is what Gordon needs.
- MKG - MKG is starting because he was the number two draft pick. If you don't start him he loses confidence and with his awful jump shot who knows where his head will go. He is also a great energy guy and will add a toughness to this starting lineup along with Kemba. I really like the parallel between MKG's game and Andrei Kirilenko's game. Kirilenko is not phenomenal at offense but he scraps and scores. He also stuffs the stat sheet with double digit points, 5-6 rebounds, 3-4 assists, a couple steals, and a block. I think that is MKG this year.
- Mullens - I am taking Mullens solely based off the way that he is playing in the preseason. How do you not start him. The guy is a true 7 footer knocking down three's, rebounding, and diving all over the floors. He has to be a starter especially in this Dunlap run system his effort will be a great asset to the team.
- Haywood - I would have had put Mullens here but they desperately need someone to hold down the inside. The Bobcats were 27th in opponent offensive rebounding rate last year. And they were dead last in opponent points allowed in the paint. So hopefully Haywood will be able to bring them back from the dead.
Let's get some debate going below on who you think will start. WE NEED TO GET EXCITED.