Is it time we try and make a trade for a veteran point guard?
Andre Miller seems like the most logical solution. He can come in and be our starting PG for this year and continue the development of DJ Augustin.
Larry Brown (I think) has coached Andre Miller before so would know what he’s getting in return (and Larry Brown loves veteran PG’s).
1. Miller’s a savvy proven performer (dropped 50 pts last year while never jumping off the floor!)
2. Low cost 7 million this year with a team option for next year at 6.xx million
3. Good mentor for DJ Augustin ….if we find that he’s (DJ) worth keeping (I still think there is hope with DJ)
4. Portland seems to be looking in a different direction (Roy “I want the ball more” increasing his PG duties)
1. Miller has never proven himself to be a difference maker
2. If they don’t want him, why do we?
3. What does Portland want from us? They are solid at SG and SF (our best two players)
So can we work a three way trade with another team?
I love me some Capt. Jack, but with Stephen Jackson entering into his 11th season would it be wise to trade him now and get some value? (Not suggestion Stephen Jackson for Andre Miller straight up!!!)
As much as I hate to admit it if we make the playoffs (and that’s looking like a big if) where is this team headed over the next 1-3 years? Does anyone really see a light at the end of the tunnel?
Please add any and all trade suggestions……